VAST seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the Director of First Impressions in Marquette, MI! As an Administrative Assistant, you will provide answers and accurately directs phone calls professionally, greet clients and visitors positively, and coordinate direct mailings and work on special projects.
- Answer incoming calls, within three rings, positive and warmly
- Accurately direct callers to appropriate people in a courteous and professional manner
- Answer client inquiries, as needed, or direct the inquiry to the person best able to answer
- Take and deliver accurate phone messages and promptly relays messages to the proper person
- Greet incoming clients and visitors in a friendly and positive way
- Maintain a neat and tidy reception area, replacing magazines as received, clearing up any clutter on an ongoing basis and maintains a professional, comfortable general office atmosphere
- Open, sort, separate, and distribute the mail neatly and accurately for the agency personnel according to mail distribution workforce
- Prepare and process bulk mailing projects and other agency projects, which require organization and attention to detail
- Enter on-time, agency-billed payments received from clients into the computer billing screens and documents the payments electronically on every accepted payment. Issue receipts on every accepted payment. Direct all other on-site payers to appropriate Customer Service Representative/Account Manager.
- Prepare bank deposits
- Process Auto-Owners towing checks for clients
- Manage various reports
- Maintain databases
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects
- Act as a project liaison for special projects, at the request of the COO/CCO or CFO, which may include disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, etc.
- Actively seek out and perform other agency services support functions and perform clerical duties as requested or required by others, such as copying or faxing
COMPENSATION VAST puts great value in the Administrative Assistant position by offering a highly competitive wage in exchange for knowledge and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package.
- Associate degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service or insurance related field is also required
- Demonstrate strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Agency Management Systems and Acrisure Resources, a plus
- Must obtain Michigan Property & Casualty License within 30 to 90 days of employment
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work with others
- Must have a high level of problem-solving skills
APPLY ONLINE AT VAST.SDSJOBS.COM!
ABOUT VAST: VAST is an insurance and risk management firm that was originally founded in 1885. The business has evolved over the past 130 years into the successful organization that is trusted today. VAST is proud to support the communities in which it works. VAST’s mission is to support those communities that support it. Learn more at vastsolution.com
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.